I was tagged by Jen over at New Green Mama (like over a week ago...SORRY Jen!) To name 6 random things about me. So here goes....
1. I was supposed to go to the Celine Dion concert on October 30, but Celine postponed the concert (the day before) because she was sick. It was rescheduled to sometime in February and then I just heard it was rescheduled for December 18, 2008. So since we bought tickets over a year ago now, we were really excited to go, but in the end this will all work out for the best. My sister in law is pregnant and ready to pop any day now, so by December, she will be feeling better and we will all have a great time.
2. I am mesmerized every time I listen to James Blunt. I was totally taken with him the first time I heard his music, but so much more so when I see him perform. Although I have yet to go to one of his concerts, I have a DVD of a live concert he did and he gives the most emotional expressions when he sings. I just love him!
3. I am very much a Sci-Fi Geek! Stargate SG-1 is my most favorite show of all time. The series ended after its tenth season, but is in reruns like crazy. I am now addicted to Stargate Atlantis, and for any geeks out there like me.....Hubby and I used to have a Friday Sci Fi night years ago when the lineup was Farscape, SG-1 and Atlantis. Gosh I miss those days!
4. I enjoy reading books about the Middle East, history, woman's studies and culture. One of my favorite books of all time is Stolen Lives by Malika Oufkir.
5. I can not just sit and watch tv or a movie without doing something else at the same time. Whether it be reading a magazine, a paper or sitting on the laptop. I just can not get myself to sit there and stare at the tv without something else to keep me busy. It drives Keith nuts!
6. I watch all of the ABC soaps, All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital. And since I just got a DVR (like a Tivo), I do not have to miss one episode!
To end this post, I will share a photo of two of my favorite people in the world, sharing a campfire. There is nothing better to me than seeing Ella spend time with her Daddy.