Friday, February 27, 2009

Snow, Snow, Beautiful Snow

We got snow last night...Actually it snowed from noon to midnight, at some times pretty heavy. Being a stay at home Mom, I find that the snow doesn't bother me as much as it did when I had to drive into the office everyday....for obvious reasons. The last snowfall we got, a week or so ago, melted already and it was looking pretty brown and dirty around here, so this snowfall was welcoming to me.

I've been pretty sick for the last few days. Keith went out to dinner last night with his family to celebrate his step mom's last radiation treatment (yaaa!) for breast cancer. I wish I was there!! I was so bummed I couldn't join them, but I would have been miserable and I didn't want to get my mother in law sick. So after he left and I put Ella to bed, I went out into the garage with my camera to take pictures of my surroundings with this beautiful snow in the back yard. I had been waiting for it to come all day as news reports said it would be 6+ inches for us.

All of these shots were taken hanging out the back door of my garage (except for the one of the grill which is up on my deck. That one happens to be my favorite).

DSC_3953
DSC_3974
DSC_3980
DSC_3994

9 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, so lovely. It was so hot here today. Could have used a little snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow truly is beautiful. I'm glad you haven't lost appreication for it, even considering how much and how often you get there. Those are some big ol' flakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those black and white ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! Hope that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better too. We have been battling some funk at my house too. It's miserable. I like the last one with all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow snow and beautiful snow. I wish we had a little more of it around here. I hope you're feeling better by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots of the snowfall! I don't mind the snow much either, since we live pretty close to where I work. All city streets and no highway time, much better than the commute across the cities that I used to do. A 3-4 hour commute was not unheard of...ick!

    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you captured snow so beautifully. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you captured snow so beautifully. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete