Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Good News and the Bad News.....

We'll start with the bad news. I broke my Nikkor 55-200mm lens. Totally sucked! I had it on my camera and set it somewhere in the garage (stupid, I know). The next thing I knew, it was on the ground. But I didn't even notice until a day or two later that the lens was completely cracked in half. Thankfully, it was only my lens that broke and not my camera.

The good news? I have been wanting a macro lens for a long time now. My husband knew how distraught I was when my lens broke....so I begged and pleaded with him to let me get a new lens. It really only helps the matter that I have been getting paid better lately while filling in for a friend on maternity leave at work (and have almost completely paid our credit cards off). So I opted to buy a macro lens and decided I will replace my zoom lens another time. After much deliberation, and just in time for Spring flowers, I bought the Tamron 90mm macro lens

So what do you do when you first get a shiny new macro lens? You get some flowers and water drops, of course! I should thank my parents incompetent real estate agent for the beautiful Cyclamens. She sent them as an apology for nothing going right during the sale of their house. My parents could have cared less that they came, but I was thankful. They came the same day my lens arrived! :o)

DSC_7260
DSC_7267
DSC_7245
Since I love me some water drops, I am calling this last shot my Best Shot.

For more Best Shot Monday images, head over to Tracey's.

18 comments:

  1. B-U-tiful! Wow, can't wait to see what else comes out of that lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'd love to have a copy of those photos!!! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! What fun to get to play with a new lens, but sorry to hear about the broken one. Would it be covered under your homeowners insurance? (you never know until you check, right??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that second one, especially. what a treat to have a new lens! can't wait to see more...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you broke your lens! ;-) Amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! I am dying for a macro lens, and I've been pretty happy with Tamron glass. Mother's day is just around the corner, right?

    So, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, ouch - that does hurt to lose a lens...but it looks like you ended up coming out ahead! You know I'm crazy jealous, right? LOL I'll live through you, Joanna. :) Wow, these are soooo lovely. What awesome timing for the flowers, too. Is the lens everything you'd hoped?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky lucky you!!! I don't have time to say too much, I'm going to edit my birthday wish list! Incredible photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now...I don't think I can stand not having a macro! Those are just freaking amazing Joanna! Wow...really. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesomely amazing macros. So sorry about your zoom lens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh for the love of macros...I've been trying to tell myself that I'm not into flowers, bugs and all things small...that I have no use for a macro.
    Then YOU come along and do THIS! Gorgeous shots!
    Sorry about your zoom, but congrats on more hours and paying off your CC's! That's huge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. NICE! I'd love to splurge on a macro, but I just splurged on my DSLR. Sigh - someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shots Joanna! It is so fun to get a new lens!! Sorry about the zoom lens though. That really stinks. I have a raindrop thing too so I love that last one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  14. RIP your 55-200 lens, that's a bummer. But it was almost totally worth it considering these amazing shots you got -- WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, and that last one would make an AWESOME desktop background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH WOW!!! These are AWESOME!!! My next lens will most likely be the 80mm 1.4 - especially after seeing these - WOW!

    ReplyDelete