Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Look

I'm trying out a new look here. I have been looking tirelessly for a new template that allows me to post larger images, yet still retain my history AND be able to still write. Blogger sucks at that....I thought about moving to Wordpress because they have better templates available, but I just didnt really want to move. I also looked at Pixelpost, but it is more just for photos and not blogging. You can blog, but at this time, the format wasnt what I was looking for.

So, this is what I got. I am not sure how I feel about the information about the blog all at the bottom of the page because I, myself enjoy seeing the About Me portion right when I open at someone's blog. But I am working on the linkbar to get it to direct correctly. In the meantime, I wanted to roll over to the new template because it would make it easier to update in the future. I just have a couple little tweeks to make yet.

The header image was from the other day, along with the pictures on this post. I took Ella down to the city to go on the riverwalk parkway. It was a beautiful morning and I thought getting some fresh air where Mommy could take pictures would be fun. I didnt get as many pictures as I would have liked because if you want to get off the walk way and take a trail by the river, you have to go down some steep stairs and Ella would not go by herself. So, it was either headshots or pictures of her walking away from me. And though I like them, I was looking for more than that and just did not get it that day.

DSC_3205bw
DSC_3157

Whenever Keith comes home, he asks Ella to walk on his back (he's had back problems since we were teenagers). So she plays on him and tells him that he is her jungle gym. She walks up his back and jumps over his head. She also does the "Atomic Butt Drop" (think of a wrestler jumping on his opponent). This is how she ended the day with her Daddy yesterday. :0)

DSC1_3358

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new look!!

    And, that picture of the dandelion is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love it!! Great template, lets us see your little cutie so much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new layout is gorgeous! So sleek and pretty, and nice BIG pictures! The stuff at the bottom would bug me too, tho. Where did you find the template?

    Love the header pic. Hehe! And the dandelion picture is positively beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto above, great dandelion! And she has such adorable eyes.

    ReplyDelete