Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Storm Rolled In Before We Left, and the Start of Our Vacation

The night before we left for vacation, we had a storm roll in. The clouds were amazing. It passed over us fairly quickly, but was able to get these shots. They are a little noisy, so please excuse.






On another note, we made it to Lake Kabetogama without incident. The 4 hour ride went very well and Ella was wonderful. Unfortunately, the weather has been super crappy since we got here yesterday.....I am crossing my fingers that it clears up because I am getting cabin fever already! We are currently up here with a bunch of teenagers and I gotta tell you, I have never felt so old in my life. I am only 32 years old, but being around a bunch of 18 year olds makes me feel 50 in comparison! We came up with Keith's side of the family (his Dad and stepmom wont be up until Monday or Tuesday). Two of his sisters are up here with us (18 years old and 24 years old (I think...)). Also, alot of his Dad's friends are up here with thier kids and all the kids grew up together.....so it is just swarming with teenagers! Its actually quite humorous sitting back and watching them, but I still feel old.

I have limited access to the internet. I have to go up to the lodge to get a connection. It is taking forever to upload images, or download them when I go to a website. So I will have to catch up with everyone's posts when I get back into town. I am going to try to post each day though because I have a gazillion pictures. I never had a backlog of images with my p&s like I have with the Nikon already. I LOVE IT.

Since we have been stuck in the cabin for the most part, I havent gotten too many "vacation like" images. But heres a couple I got yesterday.


Ella and her Daddy standing on one of the docks when the rain let up.


A giggly moment with her Daddy....

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo of Ella and her daddy on the dock. :) Very nice!! Have fun! I hope the weather cooperates for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now that's a seriously impressive sky! So dramatic. I love the natural framing the trees provide.

    I'm glad the trip there went well, but sorry your stuck inside. What kinda summer vacation is that?! LOL. LOVE the photo of Ella and Daddy on the dock - gorgeous.

    Are you using the big ol' zoom lens even indoors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, wasn't that storm so fun?? We just knew it was going to be a bad one...and wondered at people that went downtown for the Basilica block party. Hello??? What did you think would happen??

    I hope you have a lovely time on vacation and I LOVE that dock picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I miss you guys! Great pictures... keep 'em coming! It makes me almost feel like I was there!

    ReplyDelete